Current Staff Opportunities
Director of Children’s and Family Ministry
Join the staff of Centerville United Methodist Church as the paid, full-time Director of Children’s & Family Ministry, you will recruit, train and deploy great unpaid servant teams; and partner with parents to grow strong families and young followers of Jesus Christ. You will also partner with our staff team to dream and implement church wide discipleship initiatives.
Details and skill/experience requirements are contained in the full position description below. Interested candidates may submit their résumé to Matt Beyland via email at email@example.com.
Centerville UMC is proud to offer a competitive compensation package, vacation time, and a culture that promotes personal growth.
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth and healthy lifestyle.
- Considers this position a ministry, not just a job.
- Models standards and expectations of staff members within Centerville UMC including worship attendance at Centerville UMC, growth through discipleship, lifestyle of tithing and generosity, and faithfully serving out of your call and giftedness.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (or sufficient experience).
- Demonstrated experience in multiple-staff management and organization.
- Experience in a church setting with children’s/family ministry.
- A mature Christian faith, evidence of the fruits of the spirit, and a continuing desire for spiritual growth.
- Able to provide vision and direction for all aspects of children’s and family ministry.
- A demonstrated passion and commitment to the spiritual growth of children and their families.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate, inspire, equip and encourage staff as well as adult servants.
- Pastoral heart for ministry with core value of confidentiality.
- Ability to work as part of a larger “get it done” church staff team.
Skills Required to Succeed:
- Excellent team-based leadership abilities.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Understanding of child development and family dynamics.
- Ability to work in and contribute to an overall staff “strengths-based” environment.
- Support and partner with parents in the spiritual formation of their children, training and equipping them to have discussions with and to teach their children about God’s love for them, what it means to be a follower of Christ, and what it means to be part of a community of faith.
- Develop strong servants and the leadership staff by implementing dynamic recruiting, training, motivating, and support systems that will in turn be able to equip young disciples for the service of Christ.
- Work with and understand the Orange Curriculum.
- Provide leadership for radical hospitality at all times throughout the ministry for new visitors as well as regular attendee children and families.
- Promote growth through small group ministry for children.
- Create and deploy serving and mission experiences for children and for children with their families.
- Create and nurture a safe sanctuary environment for children and their families where they experience the love of God most powerfully through the relationships they build with one another and with the larger community of faith.
- Be proactive in researching, reading, and learning about/from other successful children’s and family ministry initiatives across the country.
- Coordinate with the team to ensure phone calls, emails, etc. for follow up receive a prompt and appropriate response.
- Work with the team to ensure bulletin announcements, newsletters and mailings, purchase orders, and other communication/administrative projects proceed as needed.
- Oversee the department budget process and expenditures.
- Any additional duties as needed or directed pertinent to the position by the Lead Pastor or the Director of Discipleship Pathways.
This is a 25-hour a week position with hours that range from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m (with flexibility).
Compensation based on experience with two weeks paid vacation and holidays as stipulated in the CUMC employee handbook.
- Able to provide first class customer service to all of our church family as well as the community.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with Microsoft Office Suite, Constant Contact and other web based programs.
- Ability to work as part of a larger “get it done” church staff team.
- Demonstrate the vision and mission of CUMC.
- Support the staff team in any communication capacity.
- Respond to and address all church related queries whether through email, phone, mail, or in person.
- Be the first line of support to church family and community: discerning where to send individuals for further support;
maintain church calendar, membership database and data for Conference reporting.
- Coordinate and produce church mailings.
- Oversee new guest follow-up.
- Provide administrative support for new member and confirmation classes.
- Bulletin completion and coordination.
- Gather and distribute information for the e-news.
- Be the first line of contact for building and facilities issues Support Board of Trustees and Board of Servant Leaders by reporting and addressing facilities issues, licensing, insurance and maintenance scheduling as well as coordinating tasks for Job Jar Ministry and Custodian.
- Room scheduling and assignments.
- Give tours for use of the building for weddings and funerals.
- Interaction with community groups using our facilities (e.g. scouts).
- Recruit and coordinate unpaid servants to assist in office work.
- Maintain flower calendar.
- Create and maintain administrative forms.
- Communicate pertinent information important to our church family via phone and in office visitors.
- Is responsible for routine copier maintenance.
All other duties as assigned.
Submit Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities and Duties:
- The main responsibilities and duties of our nursery assistant include providing for the general welfare of children in our Cuddle Zone Nursery. Most children in our nursery are 0-3 years old.
- Supporting nursery staff, working with parents and other family members, helping prepare snacks, entertaining and teaching Bible-based stories and verses to the children in the nursery.
- Keeping a log of children in the nursery, recording activities of children in the nursery, contributing to program activities of children in the nursery, and cleaning in the nursery when appropriate.
- Nursing assistant may also be involved in changing young children or toileting when needed.
To succeed as our nursery assistant, you must have good communication skills to work well with staff, infants and toddlers in the nursery, as well as their families. You must also have a lot of patience to be able to work with family members coming from many different cultural and religious backgrounds, and to work with infants and toddlers who are not able to tell you exactly what they need. Developing patience and a loving attitude will help you understand what a child needs and help you become successful.
A background check will be required.
Every Sunday of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
Please email qualifications to email@example.com
Current Servant Opportunities
Join the face of Centerville UMC!
If you love meeting new people and have a heart for hospitality, this team is for you!
- Welcome Center Hosts serve one Sunday per month at either the 9am or 11am celebrations and get to know our new guests while sharing information about our church.
- Door Greeters serve one Sunday per month at either the 9am or 11am celebrations and welcome everyone to worship at either the East or North door.
- Ushers distribute bulletins and help new guests and those running late for worship feel welcome and find great seats in the Worship Center.
- Coffee Time hosts help prepare the coffee and snacks for our gathering time in between worship celebrations.
- Event coordinators work on special events and add those extra touches that make a good event GREAT!
- Parking Lot Attendants help guests needing assistance in the parking lot, get to worship.