Responsibilities and Duties:
- The main responsibilities and duties of our nursery assistant include providing for the general welfare of children in our Cuddle Zone Nursery. Most children in our nursery are 0-3 years old.
- Supporting nursery staff, working with parents and other family members, helping prepare snacks, entertaining and teaching Bible-based stories and verses to the children in the nursery.
- Keeping a log of children in the nursery, recording activities of children in the nursery, contributing to program activities of children in the nursery, and cleaning in the nursery when appropriate.
- Nursing assistant may also be involved in changing young children or toileting when needed.
To succeed as our nursery assistant, you must have good communication skills to work well with staff, infants and toddlers in the nursery, as well as their families. You must also have a lot of patience to be able to work with family members coming from many different cultural and religious backgrounds, and to work with infants and toddlers who are not able to tell you exactly what they need. Developing patience and a loving attitude will help you understand what a child needs and help you become successful.
A background check will be required.
Every Sunday of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Compensation will be based on experience and qualifications.
Please email qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Servant Opportunities
Join the face of Centerville UMC!
If you love meeting new people and have a heart for hospitality, this team is for you!
- Welcome Center Hosts serve one Sunday per month at either the 9am or 11am celebrations and get to know our new guests while sharing information about our church.
- Door Greeters serve one Sunday per month at either the 9am or 11am celebrations and welcome everyone to worship at either the East or North door.
- Ushers distribute bulletins and help new guests and those running late for worship feel welcome and find great seats in the Worship Center.
- Coffee Time hosts help prepare the coffee and snacks for our gathering time in between worship celebrations.
- Event coordinators work on special events and add those extra touches that make a good event GREAT!
- Parking Lot Attendants help guests needing assistance in the parking lot, get to worship.